Pins and Clips
In this section you will find a range of clips and pins that are most commonly used in engineering applications. These include;
- Spring Pins - small, self-locking fasteners that use tension to hold two or more components together.
- Spirol Pins - Similar in design to a standard spring pin, Spirol pins are made from thin metal that has been coiled into a tube shape. Spirol pins are stronger than normal spring pins.
- Dowel pins - small, solid steel tubes that resemble traditional wooden dowels. They are manufactured to a very high tolerance to ensure that they are a precise fit.
- Taper Pins - small, solid steel tubes that resemble dowel pins but with one end having a greater diameter than the other.
- Split Pins - also known as cotter pins or split cotter pins, they are a type of metal fastener used in engineering applications to hold nuts and other components in position.
- R Clips - metal retaining pins shaped like the letter R. Made from a hard wire, they are used to secure shafts, axles and clevis pins in position.
- Jubilee Clips - officially named a hose clamp, it's a circular-shaped metal strip that incorporates a worm screw at one end. As the screw is tightened, the metal strip is pulled through the worm drive, effectively reducing the diameter and therefore creating an even pressure around the circle on the item being clamped (usually a hose).
- Key Steel - an unalloyed length of medium steel bar sold in 304mm (1 foot) lengths.
- Silver Steel - a polished, ground, round bar of steel. It is available in 304mm (1 foot) lengths.
- Woodruff Keys – small, semi-circular metal keys used to secure components onto shafts that generally operate at high speeds, such as crankshafts.
- Spire Clips - used in conjunction with self-tapping screws, spire clips are U shaped clips that are commonly used in automotive applications for fastening trims and upholstery.
Often used in conjunction with self tapping screws, spire clips are U shaped clips that are commonly used in automotive applications for fastening trims and upholstery.
There is further information on each of these product sets on the relevant category pages, but if you have a specific requirement for a product that you cannot see here please contact us for further details.