A nut is a type of threaded fastener that screws on to a male thread and uses the forces of compression and friction to do its job.
We stock a huge range of different types of nuts for all sorts of applications from domestic to engineering and automotive.
In this section you will find the following types of nuts;
- Full Nuts – the common and garden standard hexagonal nut.
- Locknuts – Thin nuts that are used to lock full nuts in position. Sometimes called jam nuts.
- Nyloc Nuts – self-locking nuts that utilise a clever nylon collar to do their job.
- Wingnuts – Nuts that are designed to be tightened without the need for tools.
- Domenuts – Decorative nuts that hide the ends of the thread to which they are attached.
- Studding Connector Nuts – Extended hexagon nuts often used to connect lengths of studding.
- Tee Nuts – Pronged nuts for flush fitting commonly used in the furniture industry.
- Metal Self Locking Nuts – Sometimes called stiff nuts, they do what they say on the tin. Choose from five different leading brands.
- Castle Nuts – Used on Axles in conjunction with locking pins or clips.
- Slotted Nuts -Work the same as castle nuts but unlike castle nuts the diameter of the castellated section is not reduced.
- Flange Nuts – Hexagon full nuts with an integrated washer.
- Square Roofing Nuts – Made to fit on roofing bolts.
- Weld Nuts – Nuts that are made to be welded to another object.
- Durlok Nuts – High-grade anti-vibration nuts.
- Cage Nuts – A square nut with spring loaded wings, designed to be installed and held within an opening or hole.
- Channel Nuts – Often called Unistrut nuts and designed to be held captive within a metal channel.