Machine screws are a type of threaded fastener that is commonly used in many different industries including engineering, automotive, electrical and general manufacturing.
You may not realise it but you would have almost certainly come across machine screws in your day to day life – they are quite probably holding together the piece of furniture that you are sat on and they will almost certainly be found in all the plugs and light switches in the room!
Types of machine screws
Machine screws are always fully threaded all the way up the shank. They are designed to be inserted into an existing tapped hole.
Choose from the following options;
- Pan head pozi or slotted – the head on the pozi version is more domed than the flatter slotted option
- Countersunk pozi or slotted – designed to sit flush in the finished surface
- Raised countersunk pozi or slotted – as above but the top of the head sits slightly proud of the surface
- Cheese head – A large cylindrical head. Strong and durable. Slotted heads only.
- Round head – A proper round domed head. Slotted recess and imperial threads only.
Our vast range of machine screws are available in a large variety of sizes ranging from M3 all the way up to M20 machine screws in certain head styles. More details about these machine screws including the types of finishes like steel and thread options available can be found on the relevant category pages.